Causes of Tanker Truck Crashes
- Driver fatigue: Tanker truck drivers often work long hours, and they may be fatigued when they are driving. This can lead to accidents.
- Distracted driving: Tanker truck drivers may be distracted by their cell phones, GPS devices, or other objects. This can also lead to accidents.
- Speeding: Tanker truck drivers may speed to meet delivery deadlines. This can increase the risk of an accident.
- Impaired driving: Tanker truck drivers may drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This is a serious offense and can lead to devastating accidents.
- Improper maintenance: Tanker companies are responsible for maintaining their vehicles properly. If a tanker truck is not properly maintained, it can increase the risk of an accident.
- Cargo loading and unloading: Improper cargo loading and unloading can also cause tanker truck crashes.
Injuries from Tanker Truck Crashes
- Burns: Fires and explosions from tanker truck crashes can cause serious burns.
- Inhalation injuries: If hazardous materials are released into the environment, people can be injured by inhaling them.
- Traumatic brain injuries: The impact of a tanker truck crash can cause traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries: The impact of a tanker truck crash can also cause spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones: Tanker truck crashes can also cause broken bones.
What to Do After a Tanker Truck Crash
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not feel injured, it is important to see a doctor to be evaluated. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Move to a safe location: If possible, move to a safe location away from the tanker truck. If you are unable to move, try to signal for help.
- Cooperate with first responders: Follow the instructions of first responders and law enforcement officials.
Contact a Tanker Truck Crash Attorney
Ledger Law Can Help
Here are some more tips for victims of tanker truck crashes:
- Keep a record of your injuries and expenses: This will help you document your losses and make a stronger case for compensation.
- Be truthful with your doctor and your attorney: The more information they have, the better equipped they will be to help you.
- Do not settle your claim too : Insurance companies may try to pressure you into settling your claim for a low amount. Do not agree to settle until you have spoken to an attorney.
- Be patient: Tanker truck crash cases can be complex and time-consuming. Be prepared for a long process, but know that we are here to help you every step of the way.