Motorcycle Accidents: A Growing Concern
Motorcycle accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2020, there were over 5,500 motorcyclists killed in traffic crashes. This represents a significant increase from previous years.
Factors Contributing to Motorcycle Accidents
Several factors contribute to the high rate of motorcycle accidents. These include:
- Distracted driving: Distracted drivers often fail to see motorcyclists, leading to collisions.
- Speeding: Speeding is a major factor in many motorcycle accidents.
- Impaired driving: Alcohol and drug use can significantly impair judgment and reaction time, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Lane splitting: Lane splitting, the practice of riding a motorcycle between lanes of traffic, is legal in some states but can be dangerous.
- Lack of visibility: Motorcyclists are smaller and less visible than other vehicles, making them more difficult for drivers to see.
Your Legal Rights After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident today you have the right to seek compensation for your damages. This may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you understand your rights and options and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Seeking Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
In the United States, motorcycle accident victims have two main options for pursuing compensation:
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit: A personal injury lawsuit allows you to seek compensation from the at-fault driver or other parties responsible for the accident.
- Filing a claim with your insurance company: If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, you may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company to cover your damages.
The Importance of Legal Representation
Motorcycle accident cases can be complex and challenging, and it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process, protect your rights, and ensure that you receive the fair compensation you deserve.
Contact The Ledger Law Firm for a Free Case Evaluation
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact The Ledger Law Firm today for a free case evaluation. We have a team of experienced motorcycle accident attorneys who can help you understand your rights and options and pursue the compensation you deserve.