18 Wheeler Accident Katy Texas: What You Need to Know
- Common causes: Truck drivers can get tired, distracted, or speed. They can also make mistakes when changing lanes or following too close. Sometimes, the truck itself is broken or overloaded.
- Injuries: These accidents can cause big ouchies, like broken bones, hurt heads, and sore backs.
- What to do after an accident: If you are in an accident, call 911 right away. If you can, move your car to a safe spot off the road. Exchange contact information with the truck driver and any witnesses. Take pictures of the damage to your car and the truck. Get a copy of the police report.
- Why hire an attorney: An attorney can investigate the accident and find out who was at fault. They can also gather evidence to support your claim. An attorney can also negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
18 Wheeler Accident Katy Texas
18 Wheeler Accident Katy Texas is a collision between a large semi-truck and a smaller vehicle, such as a passenger car or SUV. These accidents can be very serious, often resulting in injuries or even death.
18-Wheeler Accident in Katy, Texas: What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself
- Imagine you are driving home from school in Katy, Texas. You are stopped at a red light when you see a big truck coming up behind you. The truck is going really fast, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop.
- Suddenly, the truck slams into the back of your car. You are thrown forward in your seat, and you hit your head on the steering wheel. Your car is badly damaged, and you are in a lot of pain.
- You know you need to call 911, but you are too scared to move. You are worried that the truck driver is going to hurt you.
- But then you remember what your teacher taught you about 18 wheeler accidents. You remember that you need to stay calm and do what you have to do to protect yourself.
- You take a deep breath and call 911. You tell the dispatcher what happened, and you give them your location.
- A few minutes later, the police and ambulance arrive. The police officers help you out of your car and check to see if you are injured. The paramedics take you to the hospital to get checked out.
- At the hospital, you find out that you have a broken arm and a concussion. You need to stay in the hospital for a few days to recover.
- When you get out of the hospital, you call an attorney. You know that you need to stand up for yourself and get the money you need to pay for your doctor’s bills and other stuff.
- Your attorney investigates the accident and finds out that the truck driver was at fault. The truck driver was speeding and not paying attention.
- Your lawyer talks to the insurance company for you and gets you the money you deserve. You can now use the money to pay for your medical bills and other expenses.
FAQs About 18 Wheeler Accident Katy Texas: What You Need to Know
What is a reportable crash in Texas?
- Injury or death
- Property damage of $1,000 or more
- Tow required for any vehicle involved in the crash
- Hit-and-run crash
What is the law on reporting traffic accidents in Texas?
How often does a collision occur?
What is the law on accident reports in Texas?
- The date, time, and location of the crash
- The names of all drivers and passengers involved in the crash
- The make, model, and license plate number of all vehicles involved in the crash
- A description of the crash
- Any injuries or fatalities resulting from the crash
What happens after a car accident in Texas?
- Stop your car and check for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Move your car to a safe location off the road if possible.
- Exchange contact information with the other drivers involved in the crash.
- Call the police to report the crash.
- Take pictures of the damage to your car and the other vehicles involved in the crash.
- Get a copy of the police accident report.