Car Accident Lawyers and Attorneys in Palm Springs, California
According to the Centers for Disease Control, car accident deaths cost California residents an estimated $4.48 billion each year. These figures are derived based on the costs of medical care, lost productivity, and other damages stemming from car accident deaths. These figures don’t even begin to consider the number of people who are injured in car accidents each year in California. Surviving a car accident can be devastating. Victims may be disabled or may require weeks to months of rehabilitative care. A family’s primary breadwinner may be out of work for weeks or months. Car accidents take an immense toll on victims and families. Crash injuries can lead to missed time from work, lost wages, high medical bills, and pain and suffering. Sometimes, the medical bills alone can exceed what a family makes in income in a single year.
Car accidents happen unexpectedly. While you may have car insurance, no one plans to get into a crash. To make matters more complicated, insurance adjusters may not always offer a full settlement that covers all your injuries after a crash. If you’ve been seriously injured in a crash in Palm Springs, California, consider speaking to the Ledger Law Firm, car accident attorneys near you. Our firm may be able to help you negotiate with insurance adjusters for the best possible settlement and help you seek damages from negligent parties for damages stemming from your crash. Insurance adjusters sometimes use estimates or computer programs to protect their bottom lines. Negligent parties may try to pin the blame on you after a crash. With much at stake, you need a car accident lawyer on your side, fighting for your rights.
Causes of Car Accidents in Palm Springs, California
According to the Stanford Law School, approximately 90 percent of car accidents occur due to human error. If you’ve been in a crash, the likelihood that either you or the other party was negligent for the crash is high. There are many factors that result in car accidents in Palm Springs, California. Always report any crash to the police, as a police report can be helpful if the causes of your accidents are in dispute. Here are a few factors that result in car crashes each year:
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving is becoming a growing cause of car accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 3,450 people were killed in distracted driving accidents in 2016 alone. Another 391,000 were injured in distracted driving crashes. Distracted driving has been on the rise because more people are using their cell phones in cars. Texting and driving, checking maps, or changing music on a smartphone are all forms of distracted driving that can lead to deadly accidents.
- Speed kills. The faster you go, the longer it will take for you to stop or slow down. When speeding drivers collide with pedestrians or bicyclists, the risk of a person dying increases, if the driver was moving faster than 25 miles per hour. When drivers disobey the speed limit, deadly and dangerous accidents can happen.
- Breaking the law. Running red lights. Running stop signs. Illegal lane changes. All of these dangerous violations of the law can result in deadly and dangerous accidents.
- Drunk driving. Drinking and driving is dangerous. Even one drink can affect your alertness and reaction time.
- Drowsy driving. There is a reason why truck drivers are required to rest after being on the road for 11 hours. Researchers have found that drowsy driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving.
- Teen drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident, especially when they have other teen passengers in the car. Teens are not as experienced as other drivers and may be more likely to make a mistake.
- Reckless driving. Road rage, drag racing, and using a vehicle for its unintended purpose are all dangerous forms of driving.
A qualified car accident attorney at the Ledger Law Firm in Palm Springs, California can help you if you or a loved one was hurt due to another person’s negligence behind the wheel. Some forms of negligent driving are harder to prove than others. Reach out to the Ledger Law Firm today to learn more about how we may be able to help you.
Seek Justice Today
You may only have a limited amount of time to seek damages for your injuries following a crash in Palm Springs, California. Statute of limitations laws may place strict time limits on how long you have to make a claim. If you are having difficulty with an insurance claim or with making a claim against a negligent driver, consider speaking to the car accident lawyers at the Ledger Law Firm in Palm Springs, California today. Our firm fights for the rights of the injured. We know how devastating a car accident can be. You are not alone.