If you have personally been the victim of a California airplane accident, or have lost a loved one to an airplane accident, then you are probably aware of the need to ascertain the services of a qualified and experienced California airplane accident lawyer. Finding the right lawyer can be a frustrating and time consuming process. While choosing a lawyer can be a highly personal decision and may be based on a number of individual criterion, there are a few things that you may want to consider to help you make the right choice.
1. Decide what type of lawyer you are looking for. This may seem like an obvious point, but lawyers generally specialize in one or two areas of the law. While any lawyer that is licensed to practice is technically allowed to handle an airplane accident case, wouldn’t it make more sense to choose a lawyer that handles nothing but accident cases? Therefore, when you are making your list of possible lawyers, make sure you ask what type of cases they handle and what percentage are injury cases.
2. Ask for referrals. This is frequently the best source for information on a lawyer. Ask friends, relatives or people you work with whether they have ever used the services of an accident lawyer. First hand experience can be an invaluable insight into the service you can expect to receive from a lawyer.
3. Search the Internet. These days, almost everything can be found on the Internet. Most lawyers have websites that can give you an overview of who they are and what type of cases they handle. You may also be able to find information about how long they have been practicing, where their offices are located and get a feel for what their philosophy of practice is just by spending a few minutes perusing their website.
4. Narrow your list. Once you have spoken to friends and relatives and spent some time looking over websites, narrow down your list to three to five potential lawyers in your area. Make calls to them and find out if they offer free consultations and make an appointment to meet with them in person.
5. Prepare for your consultation. Again, this may seem obvious, but many people leave a lawyers office and realize they forgot to ask some of the most important questions. Prepare a list before hand and make sure you get all the answers you seek. Ask the lawyer how long they have been practicing, how many trials they have done and what their success rate has been for starters. Feel free to ask anything else that applies to your specific circumstances. You only get one chance at a first meeting so make it count.
Once you have done all of the above, you should be in a better position to make a decision regarding who you wish to hire to represent you in your California airplane accident case. If you are looking for a lawyer and would like a free detailed evaluation of your case, please make an appointment with the airplane accident law firm of Ledger & Associates. They can be reached by calling 1-800-300-0001 or visit them online at www.ledgerlaw.com