Automobiles are necessary to our existence; unfortunately, they can also damage our lives, and in some cases, even end them.
There are many factors that can cause or contribute to an automobile accident, including:
- Inclement weather
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Testing or conversing by cell phone
- Inattention or sleepiness
- Lack of visibility
No one can predict what will happen in a given day. Behind one portal you will find recovery, behind another; you may very well discover disaster. The key is preparation.
If you are in a car accident, it can be very traumatic, so memorize these steps and know them by rote.
- Contact authorities and /or medical personnel and make sure anyone injured receives appropriate care.
- Fill out a police report. Even if it is a minor accident, with minimal damage, it is important to make a police report. A police report can be helpful to your case.
- Record witness information. If the other person was at fault, an unbiased witness report can help you prove your case.
- Get a personal medical evaluation. The sooner you are evaluated the easier it will be to prove that your injuries are a result of the accident.
- Be careful what you say and what you do-don’t talk to the other person’s attorney, and be careful about what you say to witnesses. You may inadvertently make a statement that will be damaging to your case.
- Contact a Los Angeles Auto Accident Attorney as soon as possible.
The easiest way to avoid making mistakes is to be as prepared as you can be for the possibility of a car accident.
If you do become involved in an automobile collision, even if you think it was the fault of the other driver, seek the advice and guidance of an experienced Auto Accident Attorney. Los Angeles has many listings in the yellow pages. You are also welcome to contact an accident attorney at the Ledger Law Firm. You can call toll free at 800.300.0001 or visit the firm online at https://www.ledgerlaw.com .
If you contact us, we will schedule an in-person interview with you. If you choose our firm to represent you, we will start working on your case right away. We will collect all the relevant data, reports and paperwork, and document all the facts to ensure a rapid resolution to your case.
Remember, you want to do all you can to prevent an accident from occurring, so drive carefully, respect other motorists, obey the laws and use common sense. If you do become involved in an accident, there are many Auto Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles. You may contact an attorney at the Ledger Law Firm for a free, no obligation evaluation.