While it’s no fun talking about the possible dangers of riding a motorcycle, I really think it’s time we took at look at some of the injuries a biker winds up with when they crash. As a motorcycle accident attorney, I’ve seen an awful and serious injuries, and represented families in wrongful death lawsuits as well.
If the biker survives a motorcycle accident, road rash may be the least of their problems. Many of the injuries a rider will sustain may be life-altering and utterly overwhelming. It’s hard to cope with being an able bodied person one minute and in the blink of an eye that all changes. You were involved in an accident and may find out after, that you may never walk again or that you wound up with brain injuries that will mean you can’t hold a job, or cope with life.
If you’re sitting in the office of a motorcycle accident attorney, you’re there because you need to file an injury claim. In most instances, your injuries are quite severe and the medical costs to care for you for the duration or the rest of your life will be through the ceiling. You’re now facing a very uncertain and scary future and are plagued by various fears about handling what your life has now become. This is the point where you and your motorcycle accident attorney talk turkey and have everything spelled out.
From my point of view as a motorcycle accident attorney, I don’t pull any punches with my clients. They get the plain unvarnished truth, starting with the fact that what they see now in terms of their injuries, may not remain the same. In other words, the true extent of many of the injuries a motorcycle accident attorney sees during the course of their work is not known for months or years later.
That’s right; I said “years.” Because of the possible duration of your injuries, it’s critical a motorcycle injury claim is filed ASAP. This is where my experience as a motorcycle accident attorney comes into play and I lay everything out on the table and show you what we’re going to do and how it will happen. You don’t get the legal jargon; you get the plain English version of what you need to know to make informed decisions. The most important thing we are aiming for is to protect you and your family financially.
What types of injuries have I seen over the years of practicing as a motorcycle accident attorney? Many of them have been spinal or head injuries – serious ones that had the potential to cause hearing and/or vision loss or other very debilitating permanent damage. I’ve seen broken bones, crush injuries, cracked ribs, dislocated pelvis injuries, extremely bad burns that may never heal properly and brain damage so devastating the rider didn’t have much hope of every having a normal life again. And this is just the tip of the iceberg.
I have no intentions of being a Calamity Jane and trying to dissuade motorcycle enthusiasts they should not ride. That is “their” choice and I respect and support their choices. I am also here to support them if they need me in the capacity of a motorcycle accident attorney because they were in a wreck.
This is something else to think about when it comes to motorcycle injuries. Just about 80% of all bike crashes end up in serious injuries or death. On the other hand, only about 20% of auto accident collisions result in serious injury or death. Quite the stark contrast isn’t it?
When I read statistics like that, I am reminded of the gravity of a motorcycle accident attorney representing someone who has been badly hurt and fighting for compensation for them to be able to live their lives as best they can. Fore more information Call 800.300.0001 and ask to speak to Attorney Emery Brett Ledger.