| Added On March 23, 2010
If you have been in a car accident in the San Francisco area, you are probably trying to figure out how to find the right car accident attorney to handle your case. You may have looked on the Internet or in the phone book and found that there are hundreds to choose from. So how can you find the right car accident attorney for you? According to San Francisco car accident attorney Emery Ledger of Ledger & Associates, the choosing a car accident attorney can be one of the most important decisions that you make. Attorney Ledger recommends that you take your time and choose wisely. To help you do that, he recommends the following tips:
1. Ask friends and family for a recommendation. If you know anyone whose opinion you trust that has been through a car accident case, then ask them for a recommendation. A personal account of how an attorney operates can be more valuable than any other criteria for making a decision.
2. If you don’t know anyone that has been through the process, or are not satisfied with their recommendation, then open up the Yellow Pages or do a search online. When doing a search in either the Yellow Pages or online, make sure that you narrow down your search by location and practice area.
3. Look for attorneys that have an office location close to where you live or work. You may need to spend a fair amount of time at your attorney’s office so you want to look for someone that is conveniently located to you.
4. Check for what areas of the law they practice. While an attorney can have a “general practice”, the truth is that most attorneys specialize in one or two areas of the law. When you are looking for a car accident attorney, you don’t want to hire an employment law attorney. Look for attorneys that handle ONLY personal injury or accident cases. That assures you that the attorney has plenty of experience and know how in the area of law that you are looking for.
5. Narrow down your option to three to five attorneys and then call for a consultation. Be prepared at the consultation to ask important questions such as: How long have you been practicing? How many car accidents have you handled? Are you prepared to go to trial on my case if necessary? What are your office hours? What is your fee?
Once you have narrowed down the options and consulted with a few attorneys, you should have a much better idea of who you want to hire. Chances are that one attorney will stand out in the bunch as having the education, experience and dedication to handle your car accident case, says San Francisco car accident attorney Emery Ledger of Ledger & Associates.
If you are looking for a San Francisco car accident attorney, call the offices of Ledger & Associates at 1-800-300-0001 for a confidential appointment with San Francisco car accident attorney Emery Ledger. You can also contact attorney Ledger online at www.ledgerlaw.com